Monday, June 16, 2014

Children of the Day-Background


Several months ago, I had an idea of a summer Bible study for women. I knew that our church had a large group of women who worked in the schools, stayed at home with their children, or did not work at all. I prayed that having a Bible study during the day would bring together a conglomeration of women from several generations and places in life.

The concept of Mugs and Muffins came to fruition. 

I knew that I would have to host this study at the church, since we would be providing childcare. Additionally, since it would be over the summer, the logistics of having it at someone's home would have been too difficult. Mom and I went in search of a room to "girlify" and redo to make it more inviting and like a little ray of sunshine for the women who came.

The following is a progression and finishing products of that room.










The crazy thing about our concept for this room is that we had not yet chosen Beth Moore's Children of the Day as our study. Our room was ready and decorated before I had even opened the book.

When I later opened the leader's guide, I found this sentence, "Try to make your room a little spot of sunlight for your ladies. We are to be children of light, and want to reflect that in our study space." WHAT? How cool is God that he would intentionally put the decor concept in my mind that identified precisely with the study we had chosen. It was surely affirmation that we had chosen the right study and theme.

Over the next few weeks, I will be recapping briefly our time together, as well as lessons and fill-in-the-blanks for our little group. 

We are thrilled to see where God is going to take us!




No comments:

Post a Comment